The Watermelon Radish

The Watermelon Radish
A Kid's Point of Food

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Healthy Breakfast

I have been away and have not been able to write on my blog, but during that time I tried eating healthier and this is a family breakfast favorite. Sauteed kale with turkey bacon and scrambled eggs, is a perfect mix of greens and protien. The kale is salty and dry, it tastes sort of like a piece of cardboard that has a hint of butter on it. Whatever the kale may taste like, I love it. There is only one type of turkey bacon we like and it's from Whole Foods. It has a great taste and mixes its greasy and meat like taste with the dryness of the kale. If you want to add even more you can put egg into your pan!

My family scrambles it but I'm sure you can have it over-easy. You can also put toast on the side and I think either Olive Bread from La Brea bakery or bagels from Sarah Lee are the best.


After this great breakfast I had some fruit. There was sweet pineapple that melted in your mouth, sour and good strawberries that froze your teeth and kiwi that was amazing but really gooey! If you ever want to eat healthier you can use simple recipes like this one instead of going on a diet!


That's all folks!


Watermelon Radish

3 comments:

  1. hello-I am very glad you found turkey bacon you liked. My husband has been looking for bacon for some time now-we will try Whole Foods. Thanks for the tip. May I give you a tip? Sprinkle fresh lemon juice and a bit of fine sugar on the strawberries. keep writing you have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Watermelon Radish: You are magically talented. I feel honored when I read your postings on food. I know that you are a young one and there is so much bad press about teenagers, I wanted to let you know that you are simply amazing. Keep writing, it is good for the soul.
    Just passing on an observation I made this week, I attended 40 hours of instruction, interaction and hands-on at a trade show for photographers. All of the GREAT and wildly successful photogs started by blogging about their passion. (It has inspired me to start blogging about scuba and images.) You already have a jump start on your passion. Congrats and keep writing sweetie.
    Take care of you! Powerfully and peacefully yours, Angelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! would the watermelon radish ever enjoy to critique greece. from the yummy greek yogurt with honey, to the moussaka! OMG

    ReplyDelete