The Watermelon Radish

The Watermelon Radish
A Kid's Point of Food

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

PLANTATION LIVING





I’m back from camp and a few days in San Francisco!

So let me tell you all about it, cause I had a really great time !

On our way to River Way Camp in the Sequoia’s, we spent the afternoon and night in Lemon Cove at The Plantation.

A B & B where every room has a character theme from Gone With the Wind. My friend and I had the ‘Ashley Wilkes’ room, my parents had ‘Belles’ room ( the heart of gold prostitute) and my friends’ parents had the ‘Scarlet O’ Hara’ room. The Plantation was all about the home made breakfast.

First we were served a beautiful goblet of granola with homemade strawberry yogurt. Then, I had two delicious lemon glazed molasses scones, which were amazing. Plus super sweet freshly squeezed orange juice from a local orchard. For our main dish,a cup of hot coco and a Chili Rellenos. Which is like a chili omelet, but it has a half a chili dipped in batter, served open face covered with cheese. I didn’t think I would like it but It was surprisingly good. (sadly, I was so full I could not finish it).


The downside of the B & B was that we only stayed one night. Oops! I lied there was another downside -which makes two. Whenever my mom went to the bathroom there was a portrait of Rhett Butler staring at her and even if she looked away there was a mirror so he was still watching.


But this is only the beginning, I will write more about my adventures with food soon .



adios!!!


Bye-bye!!



3 comments:

  1. what kind of cheese is that chili floating in? It looks delicious! I think I'll go to Loteria for dinner and load up on a couple of rellenos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You seem like such a little adult now!!! : )

    I LOVED reading this!! Keep it up-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Radish,
    I would love it if Rhett stared at me..even in the bathroom!
    Love from,
    Redish

    ReplyDelete