The Watermelon Radish

The Watermelon Radish
A Kid's Point of Food

Monday, September 27, 2010

Bed and Breakfast



After driving all the way to Mammoth, we finally met B and A at their cabin. We also saw their three dogs, N, D and S. After we settled in we sat down to a nice home cooked meal of steak and potatoes(one of my favorites). The steak was cooked just the way I like it, medium rare. It was really good! We had mini potatoes that tasted like crispy french fries. They were cooked to perfection! B and A also cooked zucchini, the interesting thing was that I only liked the YELLOW zucchini and not the green! B and A also cooked some portabello mushrooms. I learned that vegitarians like these mushrooms because they have the consistancy of steak. They do have the texture of steak which is probably why I liked them so much. Dinner was followed with a salted French caramel ice-cream. It was one of the best ice-creams I had ever tasted! At the end of dinner we played a very wacky game of Snorta!








When we woke up the next morning we made breakfast. I cooked turkey bacon for the first time! I loved flipping the bacon and inhaling the greasy scent. After I was finished making it, we all ate it and it tasted amazing. We had it with scrambled eggs, toast and jam.

That's all for know!

snort!!!!

1 comment:

  1. it was pretty fun up there wasn't it. Nothing better than a great steak and you were the bacon cooking queen. You can say the dogs names on your blog, they won't mind...we won't mind either.

    ReplyDelete